Quality Control Lab Tech
Cold Spring, MN
This position performs daily quality control testing to ensure a quality product is being consistently produced at all times.
Alcohol is an ingredient in products we produce. We are unable to guarantee specific positions, work schedules or work environments that do not include working around alcohol.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of testing pertaining to energy drinks, including: carbonation, brix, weight of cans, tasting of product for conformity.
- Technician needs to be familiar with all products produced at Cold Spring Brewing Company to ensure that no out of specification products produced or released.
- Technician must be able to follow procedures precisely.
- Technician must be able to accurately collect samples for testing purposes, retention samples, and customer samples.
- Technician is expected to perform hourly (sometimes half hour) quality checks which include, but not limited to pH, titration and brix, carbonation, taste odor and appearance, and can weights.
- Ensures codes on cans and packaging are correct. Inspect cans for dents, scratches, and punctures to ensure they are acceptable. Ensure correct materials are used during production.
- Technician performs quality audits of processing area every four hours or each product change to ensure all production areas are producing to customer specification.
- Technician is responsible for monitoring pasteurization temperatures. Monitors are run every hour during production. Technician must be able to interpret the pasteurizer data and confirm product has reached adequate temperatures per customer specifications.
- Technician is responsible for batch approval. Syrup must meet customer specification before canning. Batch sheets are filled out completely.
- Technician performs HPLC analysis of products for caffeine and preservative levels. Technician can troubleshoot inconsistencies with equipment.
- Technician can perform Titratable Acidity analysis of products.
- Technician ensures accuracy of all measuring devices, including their calibration.
- Performs microbiological analysis of products, water, and environment. Familiar with sterile technique, filtration and pour plate methods.
- Performs surface testing to ensure sanitary practices.
- Able to record data correctly and enter the information into the CSBC Quality Control Database.
- Technician is responsible for generating COA and Micro reports.
- Highly accurate and detail orientated.
- Good reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Good at multitasking and utilizing time efficiently.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required by supervisor/customer.
- Bachelors Degree in Biology or Chemistry is preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in a Quality environment is preferred, but not required.
- Extended standing on hard surfaces.
- Regular bending, stooping and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Position must be able to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors, customers and visitors.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Carolina Beverage Group is a world-class specialty beverage co-packer for leading beverage brands.
Headquartered in Mooresville, NC with additional locations in Cold Spring, MN and Fort Worth, TX, we are incredibly proud of the strong team we have built with over 1,000 hard-working team members. Our ownership investments continue to bring new equipment & expansive operations to all locations providing ample opportunities across all locations in a variety of roles and departments including production, blending, ingredients, quality, maintenance, and warehousing.